Tuesday 17 November 2015

The Snowman's Journey

Winter is this half term's unit for Year 7 English classes. 

Mrs. Howard-Sinclair's English class have been working on their descriptive writing skills. 

They were asked to describe part of the Snowman's journey in the video below.

 

Here are some examples of their descriptions.

Cameron - Year 7
As I temporarily tried to get up the mountain, a freezing frost fills my mouth with cold Christmas snow. I can see bright lights coming from the dark, deserted town. I was searching for the most perfect present for my true love.

As I return to her, I will have to face the terrifying, terrible trees. I am weary. I want to be home where I can smell the tasty Christmas dinner, where my mouth waters with wasted drool. It is finally over my love, like the present I found her, flattered and pleased with it. 

Bradley - Year 7
As I cross the babbling brook, I could feel the finger numbing water hitting the skimming stone I stood on. The wind rustled through the trees like Jack Frost on a rampage. The arctic snowflakes are falling on my head making me feel like I have brain freeze. The taste and the smell of the Christmas dinner that awaits me cheers me on my tiring travels. I can see the gigantic shop peeping over the horizon like a chequered flag at the end of a vast race. 

Athens - Year 7
As far as the eye could see was a sparkling land of crunchy white snow with icicles hanging like sharp teeth dangling from the trees. I glided along as the wintry wind passed by.

Dylan - Year 7
I see snow covered trees and boring, bleating sheep who are coming over to me as I hear snapping branches in the whipping, winter wind. I can taste the melting snowflakes as they go in to my mouth but I am determined to get a present for my lovely Mrs. 

 Fraser - Year 7
As I crossed the frosty, freezing bridge, I could taste the frozen, frosty air. It made me shiver. Then I can feel the frozen, frosty water. The calm, gentle snowflakes melt in my mouth. The I hear the winter wolves in the woods and the tingling, tiny bells hanging on a tree. 

Symone - Year 7 
My eyes sparkled when I saw the amazing, snowy trees and mountains because of all the freezing snow it was covered with. When I'm going through the wintry woods I can taste the frozen flakes coming down. As I walk wearily to find the shop, the sun comes out and I could see the shop on the horizon. 

Brandon - Year 7
As I slithered like a snail watching the crystal-white snow flakes tumbling from the tall trees on to a blanket of shimmering snow. I could hear the freezing wind propelling me forward. 



No comments:

Post a Comment